Saturday, August 24, 2013

Rolling...Rolling Down the River

I know I am starting to sound like a broken record, but it is hotter than four hells here in Pheonix!  I know that you, dear reader, have got to be tired of hearing about how I am melting bit by bit in this heat. I know that the hubby is tired of hearing me complain everytime I venture out of our air conditioned house.  Regardless, I have collected a Phx Valley Guide somewhere in our travels and have been using it to plan little adventures since I am out of school for the summer (and not nearly as disciplined as I should be in finishing the great American novel).  I found a brochure entitled, "101 Cool Things to Do" from www.phxvalleyguide.com

One of the activities is suggested is tubing down the Salt River.  (http://www.saltrivertubing.com/)  If you are in the area, I highly recommend taking an afternoon to relax and cool off. 

We caught a ride on the bus to the drop off point and then floated all day.  It's difficult to explain how relaxing it is to sit on an inner tube and watch hawks circle the cactus on the horizon.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my little blog. As soon as it has been approved, your comment will be posted for all the world to see.